Skip to main content

Reconnect


For two days now, my ex and I are poking each other in Facebook. (for back story regarding my ex, click here)Wait, what does poke suppose to mean anyway?


Going back, I don't know if I'll be thrilled or not because once again, he's been trying to connect with me somehow. He has removed me twice as his friend already. First, when we, err, I broke up with him. And second, when we reconnected he first time after we split.

Now, he's trying to do it again. I've already sent him a friend request but he's not accepting it. I don't know if I should still keep in touch or just let him be. It's just that I don't want whatever friendship we had go to waste.

But I was once told by someone I met through PR, "why even bother reconnecting with your ex? What for? He became an ex for a reason, you must have hated something about him that's why you let him go?!"

Actually, there was nothing wrong with him. There was something wrong with me. I wasn't ready to commit that time.

And that's my problem now. Should I still keep in touch? If he asks me know if I'm ready to commit, can I wholeheartedly say 'yes'? That I don't know.

Comments

  1. .and if ur ready to commit this time,why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's just facebook. it's not suppose to dictate how your friendship should go, nor should it define friendship. It's just a medium of keeping in touch. if he doesn't want it, or easily trashes it about - doesn't that says a lot already?

    Re: "I don't want whatever friendship we had go to waste."
    well, it already has. i think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello...just passing by :))

    poking is something you do to grab the attention of somebody.

    i think there's nothing wrong befriending our exes as long as it feels alright for both of you doing so...you know what i mean.
    i assume that both of you still have attachment issues with each other.

    honestly, dear, i don't understand why commitment becomes a problem here.
    i do not buy the reason "not ready to commit".
    isn't that similar to say, not ready to be in an intimate and exclusive relationship with the one you love?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mac: I'm still enjoying being single, but I genuinely still wants to be his friend.

    @victor: yeah, seems like he doesn't want me anymore in his life.

    @christian: thanks for stopping by. I think my problem is I can't match what feel for him to the feelings he has for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Before Coming Out

Lately, I've been thinking of coming out. It's like I want to free of myself of the burden of keeping my identity a secret. But before I come out, I just have some personal conditions I need to accomplish first. I won't be doing these things just to earn people's approval on my lifestyle but more for me being comfortable in the path I've chosen to live.

What 2012 taught me..

Yesterday night, my friends and I went out for dinner. During our talk a friend suggested to share our year-end evaluations. Since I've already blogged about how my year went, I was quick to answer his question. His next topic was to complete the statement: 2012 taught me to.... I haven't really thought of the lessons or general theme of the closing year so I got to think about my answer. And here's what I shared. "2012 taught me to just keep on trying. Maybe I'll succeed, maybe I won't. No matter what the outcome may be, what's important is that I have tried that I have exerted effort to reach my dream. Even though I take things a day at a time, not really making long term plans, I still have goals for whatever opportunities and I would make every step to take advantage of that chance. I believe that it's better to have tried (in love, in career, and in life) than to regret not trying at all." So that's it. And with this, I end my 2012 ...

Japanese Bathhouse

I have never been to a bath house in my life. My knowledge about bath houses all came from blogs - gay blogs.  I discovered in those blogs that in bathhouses in the Philippines, you should leave all your shyness at the door because everybody walks around naked with cock whipping and balls hanging. There is a wet area where you can find the baths, sauna, steam room and shower. They say that's where the action takes place. So in short, you go to bathhouses if your looking for some titillating escapade. So that's what got me excited when I found out that I am going to go to a bathhouse here in Japan. Well aside from experiencing an authentic bathhouse for the first time, I would get to a see a sausage fest of sorts, have a relaxing massage, and hopefully experience some Japanese fun. I was darn nervous but excited.