Skip to main content

Love, Mamon.

Just saw Love, Simon in our town cinema. I saw it alone. I just had to see it. There's something about coming of age movies, and teen love stories that excites me.

I came out of the theater with a renewed sense of hope for love after seeing the movie. Its poster reads "Everyone deserves a great love story." I do believe that now. I do believe that everyone deserves a great love story. I deserve a great love story too.

After my last relationship I lost any hope or enthusiasm for love. I thought that my last relationship might have been the last time I'll be able to love again, the last time I'll be able to give myself and love so much that it hurts. But this movie gave me new found belief that someday, I'll find someone who I could spend the rest of my life with.

It wasn't just the love story that I related to from the movie. It was also the struggle of Simon in coming out and his struggle for acceptance not just by the school but also his family and himself.

I used to think once in a foreign land, living by myself without any family around, I can live however I want. But when I came here, I didn't realize that it would be more difficult. Before, I had friends - close, trusted friends- who know I am gay. I can be who I am with them. I can be the person I want, the person I can't be with my family or at work. Being with friends who I can be free balances out the secret life I am living everyday.

But here, it's different. Nobody knows I am gay and I don't intend on telling anyone too. It's not because I don't think they're not trustworthy or that they might not accept me. It's just that I don't want things to change or be awkward when I hang out with the guys or girls in the community. So, for now, I'm just enjoying gay stuff by myself.

And that's it for tonight. Walang halong kabastusan ngayon (Yes, Im talking to you Mac Callister!)

I have been thinking of a series to write. Something about my last relationship, how it ended and how I got through it. Sorta Moving On series siguro. It'll be therapeutic, hopefully. Also, it could serve as a reminder for future relationships, and sorta advice to anyone who is going through the same thing I did.

Thanks for reading. Til next time.


Love, Mamon.




Comments

  1. can't wait to see th3 movie! ganda kasi ng book. i don't think ipapalabas nila yan dito sa Dubai. waiting for your series! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hintayin mo na lang sa internet yung movie kung hindi ipapalabas diyan. sana sipagin sa pagsusulat :D

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to read more from you Mamon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The One

Feeling loved and inspired, I ask my friends, who are in long-term, serious relationships, how and when they realized that their partners were the ones. Here are their answers: 1) "You don't know. You feel . Nagkakasundo kami palagi. And we have similar tastes." 2) " I just felt it . Despite everything that happened to us, we still chose each other . I just knew it. Tapos nagising na lang din ako isang araw na nung nakita ko siya pagkagising ko na katabi ko siya eh iba na yung feeling ko." 3) "Pasok siya sa criteria ko na kailangan lagi ako chinachat. Kaya nga until now lagi pa rin kami magkachat kahit nakatira na kami sa iisang bahay. Pinakaimportante dapat damang dama mo na gustong gusto ka niya.: 4) " Hindi niya ako iniwanan in my lowest point . He's one of the people na napaka-pure ng intention. Love personified." 5) " I just knew somehow .Yung di ako mahihiya ipakilala sa mga tao. Yung di na ako kailangan magtago." 6) "Sig

Update to "Possible plot twist with a twist"

So here's the sitch. Plot twist (PT) and I aren't chatting no more. "Why?" you might ask. So here's what happened. On the night we were supposed to meet, he bailed. He said that he was going to his friend's birthday party. I call it BS. We've been planning it for more than a year and we've been talking every day and only that night that he tells me he's not available. I wasn't having it.  Anyway, the next day. I had a misfortune. So, my attention from that night before was all gone. I didn't care about him anymore. All that we talked about and discussed seemed like all lies. I unfriended him from social media. Didn't care for someone can't really communicate and wastes people's time. I recently informed his friend that we were exchanging messages. I also told him that I wasn't surprised about PT flaking because he was also flaky. They're friends after all. So there. That's another charge-it-to-experience kind of thin

Japanese Bathhouse

I have never been to a bath house in my life. My knowledge about bath houses all came from blogs - gay blogs.  I discovered in those blogs that in bathhouses in the Philippines, you should leave all your shyness at the door because everybody walks around naked with cock whipping and balls hanging. There is a wet area where you can find the baths, sauna, steam room and shower. They say that's where the action takes place. So in short, you go to bathhouses if your looking for some titillating escapade. So that's what got me excited when I found out that I am going to go to a bathhouse here in Japan. Well aside from experiencing an authentic bathhouse for the first time, I would get to a see a sausage fest of sorts, have a relaxing massage, and hopefully experience some Japanese fun. I was darn nervous but excited.